Wednesday

May 11 - What's Next?

[normally i don't include my musings on the pod blog. exception today]

Do you guys know what happened on yesterday? It was the end of the 'Great Funk of 2011'. Yep, I officially got over my almost 2 week funk. I think it was finally conquered because I honestly just stopped caring. Stopped caring about how much I suck. I am in school to learn how to draw and paint and I am doing that right now. Now that my eyes are a bit more focused? I can ask myself these questions while having a smile on my face.

"What's Next?"
-more.

"Where am I going?"

-up.

Basically, as long as I breathe I will keep moving forward. Forward towards the future that Jena and I yearn for. To the people who read this blog, thank you for taking some interest in how my life unfolds. I hope your life is going as planned, and if it isn't. I hope it gets on track soon. Remember to ask some basic questions about where are you? and where do you want to be? Does question one lead to question two?

-------------

Oh, by the way. There are a few images. First is a painting from life that I did last night. It was my first time painting from a fixed timeframe or from a live model. Next is a oil painting study of He Kongde - A chinese painter. Last is a 45 minute study of an Adam Ford drawing.

Thank you,
-evan

ps. A pic of some of the antics that go on here at the POD




Francis Vallejo, Patrick Miller & Nate Abell (can you find nate?)

No comments:

Post a Comment